So for the last couple of days I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the podcast I had created and why it wouldn’t display correctly in Mozilla Thunderbird. I had 3 other podcasts that were showing up great, and this one didn’t. It turned out in the end that the podcast was fine, however when I was testing the creation of it a couple of weeks back, I had used the same links that I used for the real podcasts. When I deleted the subscriptions from the reader, they were being removed from the interface, but all of the information was not being deleted from the files in my profile feeditems.rdf or feeds.rdf. One option was to go through these files, and delete any mention of them, however that was going to be quite a task. What I decided to do was to export my subscriptions to an *.opml file (right click in the reader folder and select subscribe, then click export and select where you want it saved and what you want it saved as). Then I created a new Reader account (tools -> account settings -> add account) and imported the subscriptions back in. This completely cleared out the cached values of the RSS feeds that I had previously viewed. My new testing procedure is to create a separate news reader account for testing until I have the feed working as desired… That will stop this from happening in the future. The biggest problem with importing the subscriptions into a new account was that I had to go through each one and mark them as read because they were “new” messages.
Leave a Reply