I have been a user/fan of todoist since July 2012 (and a premium user since November 2012) and that is probably the longest I have stayed with any todo application. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve strayed a bit over the last year, but only testing other applications and never using them for more than that. They just don’t compare.
- It’s available on my phone (and it works really well) – Android and iPhone
- I can have lots of projects, sub-projects, and sub-tasks
- I can work with it on my desktop when I am organizing
- It integrates with Gmail (turn an email into a task and just click to open the email back up to respond) Super helpful for zero-inbox.
- Reminders, Recurring tasks, etc…
A few times I’ve wondered about certain features I’d love to see. In particular one is shared projects. I’ve often thought, “I wish I could just share a simple todo list for that rather than have to create some big project…”. I actually happened to be thinking that just last week (and then looked around at other todo apps) and today Todoist announced “Todoist Next” with, you guessed it, SHARED PROJECTS.
I’m actually quite excited about the possibilities, and even if you don’t want the premium features (which most people probably don’t need) I totally recommend it for your listing needs. Looking at my lists of projects I really need to clean mine up, but Try the free app. Please! (And if you want to share a project with me, let me know…)
Premium Features I Love
- Notes (this gives me a simple way to drop a few things in without it cluttering my interface)
- Labels – I’m not sure how much of labels is premium, but I put my tasks in projects and then label them with context of when I need to do it. For example I might put someone’s name if I need to bring it up when I’m with them, or a standing meeting that I want to address it in, or that I need it @store so I know when I’m out shopping.
- Reminders – I use these all the time. Again it is listed as a premium feature and I love them…
- It’s only $29/year – Really not that expensive if you think about it… (disclaimer: my initial purchase was through a 50% off sale for black friday and I extended/renewed at 50% off last summer through some daily deal, but I’d pay the $29 for the functionality)